Monday 22 April 2013

Kaffe Fassett!!!

Since the trip to the quilt show at Detling, I have discovered a love for Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  I knew I liked them, but there were a couple of quilts made enteirely out of his fabrics, and I just fell in love! 
I had to buy some, although it's not the cheapest around, so I ended up only buying a small slice of it.  It's from his Millefiori collection. And I felt I had to do something with it, rather than let it languish in my collection of amazing fabrics - it's too good for that. So I decided to make it into something I will treasure and not hide it away.  A new handbag!
So, for the last few days I've been busying away with the quilting part.  It required fairly special quilting...

It's not quite finished, but I had to post it.
That is the main part of the bag, and this is the second part - not so obvious, but will also be seen, so I thought I'd do something funky with it too....





To see an (almost) comprehensive list of fabric designs by Kaffe Fassett, look here...

No comments:

Post a Comment